Black & White Ball – Make Up Tutorial #2
BLACK AND WHITE BALL x ARTISTRY BY BOBI
Bobi created two signature looks for the Black and White Ball that will have you looking fab!
Look #2 – smoldering beauty
Before applying any foundation, concealer or powder- start with your eyes. Bobi suggests this as it is easier to clean up any fallout from eye shadow.
- Beginning with eyes, apply a primer and skin tone shadow or powder
- Starting from the outside working in, define crease working all the way towards the nise with a medium shade of brown. To avoid sharp lines, use a windshield wiper movement along with circles.
- On the lower lash-line, use a golden or taupe shadow working from the outside in. On the upper lid, Bobi used a brown liner for a soft to medium intensity smoky eye. For a more dramatic look, use darker shades of shadow and liner.
- Clean up fallout with a makeup wipe under eyes.
- Apply lashes
- Apply foundation, tinted moisturizer and concealer to your liking. Bobi suggests using a water based foundation for our dry climate in Calgary. Also, avoid translucent powder and any products with an SPF higher than 20. These products can cause some flashback or white cast later in your photos.
- Bobi did some more dramatic contouring to work with the natural face shape. She suggests a greyer tone for contouring opposed to orange as contouring is supposed to enhance a shadow.
- Apply corral blush (to match bronze eye) to your liking and highlight minimally to avoid over shine.
With this look we can enhance the drama simply with the shade of lipstick or gloss we choose. For a subtle look, go with a dusty rose. To bring the glam, try something a little darker like a deep berry or burgundy.