Interested in joining a team that supports one of the only professional Jazz companies in the world? As we continue to grow, we will need unique, fun and innovative people. If this sounds like you, please check out our opportunities below:
Dance Centre Assistant Manager & Volunteer Coordinator
About the Role
The Dance Centre Assistant Manager & Volunteer Coordinator will assist the Dance Centre Manager in the operation, management and customer aspects of the DJD school and with the management, recruitment, placement and retention of volunteers. This is a 13 month contract position to cover a maternity leave.
You are customer experience savvy with three+ years of customer service and management experience with great leadership skills. You are also friendly, outgoing and attentive with outstanding problem solving skills. You thrive working with a team in a fast-paced environment. You have a love of dance and appreciation for the arts.
What You Will Do
As the Dance Centre Assistant Manager, you’ll be responsible for the following:
- Working with the dance school team to provide outstanding dance programming and customer service
- Assisting with the management and operations of the DJD Dance School
- Assisting with the management of part-time staff and teachers
- Liaising with software vendors for training and troubleshooting
- Delivering daily, weekly, monthly, and ad hoc reporting on customer behavior, trends and programming recommendations
- Managing the Children’s Bursary Program
- Providing administrative support to the Professional Training Program
- Plan, recruit, train, supervise and recognize volunteers
- Organize volunteer support for special events including Black & White Ball, silent auctions, bingos and casinos
- Manage daily and monthly cash controls and reconciliations
- Assisting with DJD’s annual fundraising events
- Helping to enrich citizens’ lives through the joy of dance
What You Will Bring
- Three+ years of experience in customer service and management
- Exceptional problem-solving skills, with the ability to think both creatively and strategically
- Strong administrative skills
- Passionate and knowledgeable about dance is an asset
- Adaptability, flexibility, creativity, and the capacity to function effectively in a fast-paced and active team environment
- Proficiency in a Mac-based environment and Microsoft Office
- Experience with database management
- POS systems/cash management experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency and results
- The ability to develop strategies, set goals, create and implement action plans, and evaluate processes and results.
- Assess problem situations to identify causes, gather and process relevant information, generate possible solutions, and make recommendations to resolve issues
Please apply to Kirstin Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org by October 5 with a resume and cover letter which addresses the following; your customer service experience, why you want to work in the arts and what experience you have with management.
ARTISTIC JOB POSTINGS
There are no artistic opportunities at this time. Please check back in the future for open positions.
National auditions, for both our dance company and our professional training program, take place annually. Learn more.
TEACHING JOB POSTINGS
There are no teaching opportunities at this time. If you’d like to be considered for future positions, please send your resume as a PDF attachment to Kirstin Anderson.