YOUTH STUDENT PROTOCOLS & POLICIES
Created: June 22, 2020 Last Updated: September 4, 2020 Updated: This document will be updated as needed to be compliant with any AHS guideline updates.
This document has been created in conjunction with the guidelines as provided by Alberta Health Services (AHS) for the COVID-19 Phase 1 Relaunch Strategy. VIEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENT
CHILD/YOUTH STUDENT EXPECTATIONS
- Families are expected to familiarize themselves with all published protocols and policies prior to entering the facility
- Parents & guardians will be asked to check the temperature of their children daily before coming to class. If your child’s temperature is 38 or above please do not have them attend class and advise DJD immediately of this condition.
- Parents & guardians will be asked to complete the COVID19 self-screening tool behalf of their child prior to entrance into the studio and commencement of any activity. Any student that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate. VIEW SCREENING TOOL
- Students who become symptomatic during an activity are required to be isolated from others and their parent/guardian will be notified immediately to come and pick their child up.
- Students are required to practice proper hand hygiene (wash or sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the facility and after touching any commonly touched surfaces) and practicing proper respiratory hygiene (sneeze or cough into elbow or tissue)
- Students are welcome to wear masks in common areas but should not wear masks during physical activity, as this is not recommended by AHS.
- Parents are asked to arrive/drop off their child no earlier than 10 minutes prior to the start of class and will be asked to leave/pick up their child within 10 minutes after class finishes.
- Students should arrive ready for class (dressed to dance with a change of indoor shoes, a full water bottle clearly marked with the child’s name)
- Students will go directly to their assigned floor. Classes have been distributed throughout the Dance Centre to maximize social distancing space.
- Parents are encouraged to wait for their child off-site but if they must remain in the facility they are asked to please remain on the same floor of their child’s studio.
COMMON AREA PROTOCOLS
- In conjunction with our professional cleaning service provider facility cleaning will be increased and enhanced. Common areas will be disinfected regularly.
- All visitors to the centre are expected to maintain a distance of two metres (2m) from one another in common areas within the studio. Physical distancing markers will be placed in various locations within common areas to assist with adequate distancing.
- Way-finding signage will be posted to mark exits and entrances to streamline the flow of traffic
- The elevator will be dedicated to “up” trips only and the number of people allowed in the elevator will be reduced to 4 at one time
- One stairwell will be used for “up” access and one stairwell will be dedicated to “down” access
- Restrooms and change rooms will be open. Parents and students are asked to maintain 2m distance when using these facilities.
- Seating in common areas will be adequately physically distanced. Parents are asked to remain on the floor of their child’s studio.
- All communal use items will be removed from waiting areas (magazines, toys, ect.)
- The water fountain will be open for use to fill bottles, no drinking from the fountain will be permitted.
- Hand sanitizer and facial tissue will be widely available throughout the facility
- The building operator the of DJD Dance Centre along with our HVAC provider will optimize our fresh air intake as well as our humidity levels throughout the facility.
- All staff & teachers will be subject to the COVID19 self-screening tool prior to the commencement of each shift/class
- In conjunction with our professional cleaning service provider facility cleaning will be increased and enhanced. Studios will be disinfected daily prior to each camp.
- Class capacity will be reduced to allow for two metre distancing between each participant
- Floors will be marked with physically distanced place markings