Summer Camp Protocols & Policies
Created: June 22, 2020
Updated: This document will be updated as needed to be compliant with any AHS guideline updates.
This document has been created in conjunction with the guidelines as provided by Alberta Health Services (AHS) for the COVID-19 Phase 1 Relaunch Strategy. VIEW GUIDANCE DOCUMENT
- Families are expected to familiarize themselves with all published protocols and policies prior to entering the facility
- Parents & guardians will be asked to check the temperature of their children daily before coming to camp. If your child’s temperature is 38 or above please do not have them attend camp and advise DJD immediately of this condition.
- Parents & guardians will be asked to complete the COVID19 self-screening tool behalf of their child prior to entrance into the studio and commencement of any activity. Any student that is exhibiting any symptoms cannot enter the facility or participate. VIEW SCREENING TOOL
- Students who become symptomatic during an activity are required to be isolated from others and their parent/guardian will be notified immediately to come and pick their child up.
- Students must have their space reserved in class no later than 7 days before the class start date. Space can be reserved online or over the phone. Walk up reservations will not be accepted at this time.
- Students are required to practice proper hand hygiene (wash or sanitize hands upon entering and exiting the facility and after touching any commonly touched surfaces) and practicing proper respiratory hygiene (sneeze or cough into elbow or tissue)
- Masks in common areas are mandatory. and masks during class times will be up to family to decide what their preference for their dancer
- Parents are asked to drop their child off no earlier than 15 minutes prior to the start of class and parents are asked to pick their child up no later than 15 minutes after class finishes.
- Details of pick up and drop off protocols will be announced by July 8.
- Students should arrive ready for class (dressed to dance with a change of indoor shoes, a full water bottle and with snacks and a lunch)
- Students will go directly to their assigned floor. Each camp will have an assigned floor to ensure each camp group stays separate for one anther and provides ample physical distancing space.
COMMON AREA PROTOCOLS
- In conjunction with our professional cleaning service provider facility cleaning will be increased and enhanced. Common areas will be disinfected regularly.
- All visitors to the centre are expected to maintain a distance of two metres (2m) from one another in common areas within the studio. Physical distancing markers will be placed in various locations within common areas to assist with adequate distancing.
- Way-finding signage will be posted to mark exits and entrances to streamline the flow of traffic
- The elevator will be dedicated to “up” trips only and the number of people allowed in the elevator will be reduced to 4 at one time
- One stairwell will be used for “up” access and one stairwell will be dedicated to “down” access
- Restrooms and change rooms will be open and adequality social distanced.
- Seating in common areas will be adequately physically distanced.
- All communal use items will be removed from waiting areas (magazines, toys, ect)
- The water fountain will be open for use to fill bottles, no drinking from the fountain will be permitted.
- Hand sanitizer and facial tissue will be widely available throughout the facility
- The building operator the of DJD Dance Centre along with our HVAC provider will optimize our fresh air intake as well as our humidity levels throughout the facility.
- All staff & teachers will be subject to the COVID19 self-screening tool prior to the commencement of each shift/class
- In conjunction with our professional cleaning service provider facility cleaning will be increased and enhanced. Studios will be disinfected daily prior to each camp.
- Class capacity will be reduced to allow for two metre distancing between each participant
- Floors will be marked with physically distanced place markings