The seven spacious, professionally equipped DJD Dance Center studios are available for short- and long-term rentals. Our studios are ideal for rehearsals, auditions and workshops. Please note: we give priority to professional dance artists and choreographers who are creating and rehearsing works.
Dance Center studio dimensions & details
Studio 1: 1763 sq ft
Studio 3: 1309 sq ft
Studio 4: 1033 sq ft
Studio 5: 1588 sq ft
Studio 6: 1029 sq ft
Studio 7: 698 sq ft
- Marley dance surfaces over sprung floors in studios 1, 3, 4, 5, 7. Sprung maple floor in studio 6
- Natural light
- Professional sound systems with playback equipment for CDs, and cables to connect to either MP3 player or a computer
- Portable Barres
- TV monitors with DVD/XLR playback
*NOTE: Only Studio 6 is appropriate for dance forms that use hard-soled & pointe shoes (tap, flamenco, salsa, etc). Studio 6 is also suitable for dance done with bare feet. Street shoes, especially high heels and shoes with white rubber soles, are prohibited in Studios 1 through 5. Renters are responsible for any damage to the floor, due to use of prohibited shoes.
- Changing rooms with lockers, showers and washrooms.
- Washrooms at every studio level.
- Student Lounge
- Kitchenette (fridge, sink, microwave)
- Noticeboard with events information, job postings, auditions, announcements etc at reception.
- Wheelchair access throughout
Non-Profit & Individual Artist Rehearsal Rate – $35/hour
To get rates for commercial rentals, auditions or workshops, please email Kirstin Anderson, Dance Center Manager
- We require full payment at time of booking. You may pay by credit card over the phone, or by check or cash delivered to our offices by the end of the next business day.
- We require at least 7 days advance notice for changes. Any cancellations with 7 days or more notice will be held as a credit for future rentals within the next six months.
- Reservations cancelled with less than seven days notice will forfeit payment.
- Rentals are non-refundable.
- Studio rentals may be back to back with another rental. Therefore rental times must be respected.
- Additional time used after the official end of a rental will be billed to the renter.
To request a booking for the DJD Studios for dates before August 31, 2020 please CLICK HERE to fill out the request form. For dates September 1, 2020 and onward booking requests will open on April 30, 2020.
For general questions email us at firstname.lastname@example.org