DANCE CLASS MARATHON
AN EVENT IN SUPPORT OF The DJD children’s bursary fund
Sunday, SEPTEMBER 29, 2019
CLASSES: 9:30 am-6:00 PM (Join In Anytime)
Come move move move move with us for 8 hours of fun and dance at our 26th annual Dance Class Marathon. This event is for anyone and everyone over the age of 13 who love to dance and move – yes…beginner to advanced dancers are welcome. There are 23 different classes to choose from. And 8 full hours to get your groove on (but you can do as much or as little as you feel comfortable with).
Each year DJD is able enhance the lives of over 100 youth from low-income families with the gift of dance. The Children’s Bursary Program is only possible with the support of donors and participants of the Dance Class Marathon.
Join to help this vital program continue, by participating in the Dance Class Marathon you are helping these youth to unlock their creativity, connect with others, build self-confidence and enhance their physical and emotional wellbeing through the universal language of dance and music.
There are 3 pricing levels for this years marathon.
- Full Marathon – $80 (includes all marathon classes, a DJD shirt & a 5 class card) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Half Marathon – $60 (includes 6 classes & a DJD shirt) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- 5K – $40 (includes 3 classes & a DJD shirt) CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
||Ballet Barre Works||Funk||Jazz|
|11:00-12:00||Latin Grooves||West African||MELT|
|12:00-1:00||Hip Hop||Afro-Jazz||Latin Combos|
|3:00-4:00||Musical Theatre||Diva Style||Body Percussion|
IN ADDITION TO YOUR REGISTRATION FEE, WHICH IS DIRECTED TOWARDS OUR CHILDREN’S BURSARY, ADDITIONAL FUND RAISING IS GREATLY APPRECIATED BUT NOT MANDATORY.
The Dance Class Marathon is a vital fundraising event in support of DJD, which enriches lives through the art of jazz dance and music. DJD is the only full-time professional jazz dance company in Canada and the fifth largest Canadian dance company by budget size. As a registered charity, DJD relies on community support to create magical, affordable evenings of dance and offer numerous Arts in Education programs reaching thousands of Alberta students each year. This year the funds raised from the Dance Class Marathon will be directed to our Children’s Bursary Fund.
- Raise $1000 in pledges and we will name a seat in our theatre after you & an entry into our Grand Prize Draw
- Raise $500 in pledges and receive a 10 class card ($240 value) & an entry into our Grand Prize Draw
- Raise $250 in pledges and receive two tickets to one production in our 19/20 season & an entry into our Grand Prize Draw ($700 value)
- Raise $100 in pledges and receive two drop-in passes & a DJD dance bag
- Raise $50 in pledges and receive a DJD dance bag
- Door Prizes will be drawn every hour
- The Grand Prize Draw winner will receive a package valued at $700. (packages includes two tickets to both the winter and spring DJD shows, two tickets to the Black & White Ball and a private group dance class)